and Lewis Type K.E.
HP @ 1000 RPM
in Melbourne in 1942
"Kelly and Lewis" engines were the products of Kelly and Lewis Ltd, a Melbourne based engineering company formed in 1899 through the partnership of Edward Lewis and George Kelly. Operating from a Melbourne premises in Little Bourke Street opposite the old works of Wright & Edwards, which they eventually purchased, the partners established a reputation for the excellence of their products.
1913 the firm became a proprietary company with a capital of 50,000;
after Kelly died in 1919 Lewis was the sole managing director.